KIBLAT.NET – Jakarta, After hearing the pledoi of Basuki Tjahaja Purnama or Ahok as the defendant, panels of judges in alleged blasphemy case decided to postpone the next trial for two weeks.
“The decision would be read on Tuesday (Mey 9),” said the Chairman of Panels of Judges Dwiarso Budi Santiarto in the Auditorium of Agricultural Ministry, South Jakarta, on Tuesday (April 25).
Meanwhile, replict and duplict had been shared during the trial today. The Chairman of Public Prosecutors Ali Mukartono said, based on Article 182 of the Criminal Code, public prosecutors had a right to give answer or replict to the defense of defendant. There would be some consideration from public prosecutors team.
Public prosecutors decided to did not give any responds or objection. “Firstly, we evaluate that there is no new facts revealed from what have been said by the defendant legal team. Secondly, there are some repetition in the exception materials that had been decided by the judges,” he said.
Public prosecutors said Ahok has violated article 156 of the Criminal Code. They sought a year of imprisonment to Ahok with two years of probation. Prosecutors argued that Ahok did not proved to conduct blasphemy as mentioned in article 156a of the criminal code.
Editor: Furqon Amrulloh